Monday, March 26, 2007

Yesteryear

Plans of Springfest 2007 hold much anticipation and lessons well learned from the years before...but most of all, I am reminded of the first year. The year these houses became our homes. The year we learned that being neighbors meant something more than borrowing a cup of sugar. The year we discovered the only thing better than loving eachother as friends, was loving like family. A time to learn that sharing hardship was closer than a phone call. It was the year we became the "hood."

Here's to yesteryear.....













Plans of Springfest 2007 hold much anticipation and lessons well learned from the years before...but most of all, I am reminded of the first year. The year these houses became our homes. The year we learned that being neighbors meant something more than borrowing a cup of sugar. The year we discovered the only thing better than loving eachother as friends, was loving like family. A time to learn that sharing hardship was closer than a phone call. It was the year we became the "hood."

Here's to yesteryear.....

p.s. Lydia won't be crazy about that picture...and I wouldn't have posted it if she were half the woman she was with a three-month old baby.

1 Comments:

At 11:30 PM, Blogger emmegab said...

ohhhhhhhh, I LOVE this! we DO have such the great hood, don't we?!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home