Sadie, 199?-2008
Sadie Presh; the biggest lap-dog I ever knew.Closing this chapter of our marriage and family is awkward and scary; like a boat crew missing a few key deck hands. I gave you are hard time in your latter years, but you and I both knew that I was proud to say you were mine. As Billy watched you fall into your last deep sleep, I came as close as a girl could to watching another person's life flash before their eyes. The tears of reflection spotted his cheeks, but I sensed the last 10 were the best he has ever known. You were a big part of those years and we are grateful for them.
Lily hopes you are able to walk better in dog-heaven, and wonders if you still have as much slobber. Finn appreciates not having to worry about losing his snacks to your appetite. I can't bring myself to remove your final "leavings (land-mines)" in the back yard. Billy misses shutting the house down for the night and saying "good-night, Sadie."

4 Comments:
That's so sad. I miss my old friend also!
I had "Rexy boy" for 14 years.
uncle Chuck
Oh no - I am so sorry. She was a great dog - you guys will be in our thoughts, as you always are.
Love, Paige, Nat, and Charlie
So sad. I loved Sadie. I loved to rile her up and watch her clomp around in gangly circles. I am so sorry for you all.
It was important for me to know you understood me losing Miller. I understand about Sadie too.
so sorry Sparks.
I don't know if I can put a link in blogger comments....but here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/emmegab/450513561/in/set-72157600055511834/
it's on my home page on flickr, and I smile whenever I see it.
Post a Comment
<< Home