All grown up


When you move out of your parent's house, there are so many new found freedoms...dessert for dinner, cereals with marshmallows, no bedtime, no one ever tells you to clean your room. Putting up a Christmas tree in December would make my Dad's beard turn black again, but by golly, I am 30 years old and I love to look at a twinkling tree for as long as possible. My dad responded well when he came over for dinner this weekend, "I love your nativity over the mantel!"
Turns out there is someone else that appreciates the old tannenbaum as much as I do. Lily was squealing and screaming, "it looks so beautiful papa" before we even got it out of the bag. That's right, my kids will never know what it is like to smell the glories of a real tree because we have gone fake and we love every bit of it! It is no secret that Billy thinks this is the most irritating thing to do on a rainy Sunday afternoon, but he bit his tongue and later smiled when he saw his little girl cashed out under the family tree.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home