Fly Away Home
I spent the majority of my childhood torturing my younger sister. As my arch enemy in life, I did just about anything to make her miserable. She took it like a champ and did her best to get me back. Sadly, she the sweeter sister; I always came out the victor.
I have shared the same acre of land with my sister for the last five years, an idea that would have seemed absurd to me back in the day. In fact, I think I probably told her on many occasions growing up that I wanted to be as far away from her as possible. Quite the contrary, I can see everything she is doing in her house from any southern window in my place. I have been watching her nap, clean, eat, and nap for a while now.
She needed to go. She needed to ask a little more of herself. She needed to suck the marrow out of life. She needed an adventure that would provide challenges that home wouldn't give.
Really, I couldn't be more delighted for her...but I need her!
Sure I need her at work...and at home. The not so obvious void is how much I need her as my friend. All those years of fighting and biting and now I am lost without her. Okay, not lost, but certainly aware of how much substance she adds to my day.
Feels good to miss you, Rei Rei.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home