Wednesday, April 26, 2006

J E L L O

It was a great morning. No work. No schedule. Nowhere we had to be.

All of us in bed waiting for a reason to leave. Two cups of coffee(each), two Nubies of ovaltine milk, two sippy cups of orange juice without plump(pulp).

We watch the weather with bated breath. What will the rain do to our plans, and more importantly, our sandbox?

"I can handle it, Mom," she says as she squeezes her dollar store flip flops between her toes.

"It is hard for anyone to run fast in flip flops, baby," I say, somewhat grateful not to lean over in assistance.

"I can handle it, Mom," with four year old confidence.

One sloping driveway, a nose dive and four Princess band-aids later....

"I wish the world was made of Jello, so I would never get a boo-boo again."

Her version of the "easy button" was well understood.

1 Comments:

At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my sweet angel baby....take good care of her while i'm away and keep up with the posted stories, so that i may keep up!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home