To know her is to love her



Perhaps you have seen her weeding her garden, or maybe installing a new bathroom in her home...or maybe you have dropped by while she is making her potato rolls? Maybe you read the Obits she writes with care each day?
My 96 pound (if she found time to eat that day) friend is a force to be reckoned with, but what I love...
is her heart
Anybody can endure raising five children while her husband is in Iraq for a year. Anybody can re-wire an old house or re-frame a house. Any wife and mother can hold 10 jobs while somehow raising the most amazing children...but not me.
Even my husband wishes he was more like her. She finds hours in the day I didn't know existed. I think it has something to do with the blessed coca-cola, but I've tried to drink it and still, I pale in comparison.
"You're so marketable," she moans, hunting for yet another way to support her family.
If I had money; more money...I would do anything to put this lady on my payroll; as my housekeeper, my contractor, my life coach.
Lucky me. I get to have this gold mine at my beckon call(no fees applied). The world doesn't know to envy me, but they should. I have my emmagab.
She loves deep. She works hard. She serves humbly and wants nothing in return.
Envy me....

3 Comments:
...and me.
Shonda
amen sista soul!!!!!
reidun
I may not know her well, but I know her enough to say that I have much love, fondness, and affection. She has been a tremendous source of encouragement and strength. I know 4 Stavs that look forward to the chance of loving her in person at some point very soon. Until then, we will always consider ourselves blessed when graced by emmagab's virtual presence. Thanks for sharing her with us. What a woman! What a friend.
Post a Comment
<< Home