From where I sit

I have been planning the new living space in the addition for almost five years now. While there are still many crucial elements missing; it has finally become a place where I can rest...something that hasn't seemed to work for me until now.
Lil and FP have been well trained to check their hands and faces before entering the new space and I am thrilled to see their little shoes lined up next to the rug. I know my expectations are somewhat unrealistic, but a girl can dream, right? I surprise myself when I ask guests to walk around the rug when they return from the back yard. I even choose not to sit on the couch at times to avoid soiling it with my "day clothes."
It rained all day yesterday and the little people, as well as the animals who refuse to relieve themselves in the rain; were going mad. I was beginning to lose my cool, but tried to carry on with my tasks...no matter who was under my feet or in my ear.
At one point in the day, I caught the kids in an intense session of Peter Pan. You know, where you jump on the heads of the crocodiles in order to avoid being eaten by them? Landing in the water (the new rug) is certain death, and the heads of the vicious crock (my well coordinated new pillows) are all shapes and sizes to make things even more difficult.
Folding my 87th load of laundry I stopped myself short of screaming "GET OFF MY NEW FURNITURE--IT IS NOT A PLAYGROUND!!!!" It seems I have raised little people who appreciate nice props; and I certainly don't want to be the "Hook" in this story.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home