Hiding

I haven't posted in a long time and I feel it can't go without explanation. I wish I could say I have committed all of my free time to humble forms of philanthropy and just haven't been able to contribute to the blog...but the truth is, I knew I wanted to post these photos before anything else...until I saw them.While I had hoped to post these pictures of a particularly precious time with old friends and their growing family; it felt more like a Jenny Craig "before" photo. I rarely post photos of myself, but I promised Paige I would send her our group shot. It is a bit of a tradition to pose before a camera with the Malkus family. Something about photo shoots with them just feels more fun than the typical awkward smiles while you wait for the flash to go off.
For the first time in a long while, I realized I was taking up more of the photo than my fair share. My gradual weight gain had grown to alarming...and it was these photos that opened my eyes.
So, in good conscience, I couldn't spend time sitting in front of the computer knowing full well there was a perfectly healthy person hiding inside that very large package. Since that night, I have logged 42 miles (nothing for real runners, but big for me) of my heavy feet hitting the pavement before the sun comes up. The photos still look scary to me, but this morning we sprinted after the first two miles and I didn't want it to stop. As far as I know, I am not filling any less of the atmosphere; but now I don't feel sad to see it.
Lily may be missing some of the archival of her life this past month; but I think she will appreciate what I have been doing while she was sleeping.

4 Comments:
Your battle is one I know all too well. I hope you can hear me cheering from the sidelines!
Best of luck I'm right there with you! Keep it up....
maybe you should try this workout...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOKsQ97lPOc&mode=related&search=
I have tried to comment 3 times, but it hasn't worked :) These pictures are great. Thanks for posting. Kudos to you for working out - I need to do the same :)
P
Post a Comment
<< Home