Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Lil'D

Walking these two through the kindergarten cross walk and noticing a particularly charmed smile from the traffic director; I should have known today would be memorable. Like I was leading him to Disney World's Spiderman exhibit itself; Dylan muttered, "I've been waiting for this all year...I AM SO EXCITED (is there such a thing as a loud whisper?)!

Acting as if it must have been the wind expressing such anticipation...Lily, being the gracious host she is; ignored the comment and offered him his choice of booster seat color.

While prepping the evening's dinner; I chopped quietly in order to hear the discussion over today's homework. Apparently the life cycle of a tadpole proved simple for them both; so there was plenty of time to compare notes:

Lil'D: Your mom let's you use markers?!

Lily: Sure, but you have to ask permission for the Sharpies.

Lil'D: You know what I get to do when I am a teen-ager?

Lily: What, use all the markers you want (smiling with unsuspecting pride)?

Lil'D: Take YOU on a DATE.

Lily: (speechless, blushing and an eye roll that looked dangerous)

Lil'D: Your drawing of the frog is beautiful, Lily. But your drawings always are.

Lily: Yeah, you really have to focus when you use markers. Do you want a Popsicle?

1 Comments:

At 8:18 PM, Blogger View From Above said...

Such simple sweetness you share.

Does Lil'D come in thirty year old+ size?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home