Sunday, April 20, 2008

Sunday morning madness de-railed

Some Sunday mornings are better than others, but if I am being honest, they are somewhat rushed and typically more messy than the other 6 days a week. Being a pastor's kid, we were always told that the stress before church was because the family of a Pastor is "under attack" on the morning he plans to preach the gospel. Let's just say my husband is no pastor; and it is not uncommon for him to have administered a spankin' or two come Sunday mornin.' In fact, I think the only time the children have reprimanded us for not speaking "wespectfuwwy" to eachother is on the Sabbath.

Imagine my surprise when I realized my children were fed, dressed, and bathed an ENTIRE HOUR before departure time. Not only that, but they were canoodling with their Papa and Uncle Tim over Lucky Charms ( obviously this story would carry more weight if it were Kashi cereal with ground flax seeds) and Coffee! Is this the new super-human power the writer's of "Hero's" have been stewing over during the strike? All I know is; in my messy world: this was a taste of Nirvanah.

To top it off, Reidun hitched a ride to church as well. Not only did we prevent two other gas tanks from driving up the mountain, our fuel efficient mini-van was packed full of silly jokes and country music sing-alongs.

That's what I call a "call to worship."

1 Comments:

At 6:32 AM, Blogger View From Above said...

They are looking so grown up these days!

(The children, I mean.) :)

You have such a way of capturing the essence on film. Bravo!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home