Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Career Day


There has been a lot of talk of future plans at Siskin school.

Yesterday, I dropped in to watch Finn behind the secret glass window of his classroom. I heard his teacher read a delightful book about different occupations and question the class about their dreams of "what they want to be when they grow up."

"Firefighter! Ballerina! Teacher! " they shouted in a kind of messy chorus.

"Nophing. Nophing-at-awl. Nophing in da whoe-wide-woowld;" declares my boy.

In the politically correct fashion I have come to expect, I listened to the various teachers and parapros tell Finn that sounds like a good idea. Several of the kids looked at him like he was crazy. As if to say you mean you hope to live off the government and the generosity of strangers???

The peer pressure must have sunk in...today, he couldn't wait to tell me about his plans to be a police officer.

1 Comments:

At 12:46 PM, Blogger Paige said...

The thought of 4 yr olds asking him if he wants to live of the government is too funny! Hee hee... I am sure Finn will make a great police officer!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home