nat





It was about 15 years ago when I first heard his billowing voice over the dorm-room answering machine. While I had never laid eyes on him, I felt certain there was no way this crazy nut would find his way into my room-mate's heart.
How would I have known this guy would teach me everything there is to know about on-line bargain shopping....or how to serve breakfast to a crowd without breaking a sweat...or the makings of an antique scale...or the joys of pig roasting...or re-upholstering furniture?
Now, I can't get enough of him and his charming family. The miles between our families feel painfully longer after each trip...and twice a year visits just aren't enough anymore. When I hear his voice on our machine, I save it so everyone can smile with me. This may be the only man on the planet who "gets" my husband and still calls. It's one thing to love a guy, it's another when your entire family thinks he is the greatest!
Happy Birthday Nat, from a group of people who would like to claim being your biggest fans...but know we have a lot of competition!

2 Comments:
Happy Birthday Nat...your friendship with my family has been a tremendous blessing...one only that could have come from God. I wish I knew you as they do.
How sweet of you. The memories of the loud voice on the dorm room answering machine are priceless :)
Paige
Post a Comment
<< Home