Monday, November 10, 2008

I can die now.


Over the last couple of days, I have stewed over the title for this post; hoping something clever and descriptive would suit my 45 minutes with Daley Hake. Before I scheduled this photo shoot, I asked if he only photographed beautiful people; or is he able to make everyone look attractive?

As we piled in the van for Atlanta, I overheard Billy explain to Lily why she was being forced into this "kind of torture." The kind of suffering that comes from wearing a shirt she hates and spending a perfectly sunny afternoon looking into a lens.

"This is not about us. I don't want to go any more than you do. This time we take one for the team because your mom wants to see this rock star take pictures."




Upon arrival, Lily mentioned she would be making a special effort to step on every crack she encountered. Still, I was a groupie on a mission; despite my broken back. I told the kids this guy was the coolest person they would ever meet and someday they would thank me for it. When she is thirteen and I take her to her first David Archuleta concert--she will get it.

Driving home, there were nothing but shouts of "that was so much fun, Mom!" and "thanks for taking us to Atlanta mom!" Sure, I sweetened the pot with ski-ball and bottomless sprite--but I got mine.

Our only sadness was--we didn't get to take him home with us.

1 Comments:

At 11:05 AM, Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

A great post, Beck, and well worth the wait.

You really got the whole family to a rock-star level of attire and attitude, too. Can't wait to see those shots.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home