Tuesday, December 06, 2005

I get it

One of my favorite pastimes over the holidays is sitting and gazing at the Christmas tree. When I was a little girl, I loved to squint my eyes and make the lights sparkle.

When I was first married, it was such an honor and privilege to have my own tree. I loved buying just the right ornaments and tree skirt. I was convinced I would never have the hand-made looking tree that my mom did. No, mine would have only white lights, color coordinated ornaments, and the perfect tree skirt.

Now I am a mommy and I get it. I am delighted that all of the ornaments are on the bottom of the tree, rearranged everyday by L and F. I love to watch them gaze at the tree from different angles, studying each ornament and admiring its unique characteristics.

I don't spend much time sitting and gazing anymore, but I know when the nest is empty I will appreciate my disorganized, non-color coordinated tree custom made by my family.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home