Sunday, January 22, 2006

The stinkier the better


My dinner partners weren't thrilled with me pulling out the camera in a swanky restaurant, but I am so over being cool. I have turned into my mom, I admit. If I want to remember fine, stinky cheese and overpriced wine, I will do it my way.

My friend Lee has been known to overindulge her friends, and she didn't slow down this week. After meeting her for drinks at Trader Vics and Yellow Tail at MF Sushi, we settled in for a well prepared meal at BACCHANALIA. It has been a while since I have fine dined and I must admit it was a fine reunion, like bumping into an old friend that you forgot how much you enjoyed.

There was a season in my life where I knew every "it" restaurant in any given city and did my best to visit each of them with Billy. I have since lost such interests, and am much more interested in the most effective wet wipes ( my strong opinions on wet wipes are grounds for another post). I have gone from seared fois gras to microwaved Hot Dogs and don't complain about it much.

It was a treat, and I like it to be just that. My heart sinks a little when I hear of people who don't appreciate fine food.

I'll take their share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home