Losing Yee
Overheard:
"What did you just call me?" she asks her brother.
"Yee, I didn't say anything!" irritated to be bothered while constructing a tent.
"Say my name," she demands "like you did just now!"
"Wiwee, I said Wiwwee!!!" Confused, but eager to cooperate in order to get back to the task at hand.
"Mom (currently buried in the attic)! Finn doesn't call me Yee anymore...He can say WIWWEEE!"
Heartbroken mom surfaces from Christmas storage nightmare."Finn, what is your sister's name?"
"Yee."
That's better.
I am not ready to lose my boy's willingness to avoid the letter "L" all together. Lily declared long ago that her brother was the only one she would allow to botch her name so badly. Forgive me, future speech pathologists, for destroying my son's natural development. I have had to let them grow up so much lately, can't a mom hold on to something?

1 Comments:
Too, too cute.
Give them both a little squeeze for me?
Post a Comment
<< Home