Sunday, December 18, 2005

Bruiser

I started calling Finn, "Bruiser" not long after meeting him. He came out big and burley and seemed like the all American tuff guy.

Last week at a field trip I saw three little girls (all four years old) running from a cave that held the reptile exhibit. They were squealing in terror at what they had just seen. I heard things like, "YUCK!"..."IT'S MOVING!"..."SOOOO SCARY!!" Naturally, I had to crawl in the pint size cave and check out what was so terrifying. This is what I saw on the other side of the cage...my bruiser, staring in awe at a snake crawling towards him. I couldn't hear him, but I saw his lips move to say a word I am used to hearing, "wow." He was fascinated by the snake and I was entranced by him. That's my boy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home