Four Years Ago...


Four years ago....
...I thought it was all about me.
...I thought childbirth would be the most scary part of parenting.
...I had no idea how sweet silence could be.
...I thought that sleep was my right and should be easy to come by.
...I didn't know who Cailou was.
...I didn't know how to catch vomit with my hands.
...I didn't know how hard it is to spank your spawn.
...I didn't know sad it is to see them be spanked by papa.
...I never prayed for my daughter's boyfriends and husband.
...I didn't know Billy would be the best Father ever, ever.
...I thought having a daughter meant getting to choose her clothes.
...I thought wearing a coat in the cold made sense.
...I thought I knew how important family was, but I didn't.
...I knew my sister would do anything for me, but my kids too?
...I didn't know how it felt to be greeted at the door with "MOMMA!"
...I thought it would be hard and good.
It's way better and way harder than I ever knew.
Happy Birthday Lilybug!

1 Comments:
I just adore the content of your blog. You're very real and poignant. I never thought I would use the word poignant in real life. At any rate, Happy belated birthday to "Lilybug"!
Post a Comment
<< Home