Confessions of a Sunday School Teacher

I admit it, there are Saturday nights when I dread the morning ahead of me. All the Sunday morning rushing, forcing the kids into their clothes, shovelling down breakfast, packing everybody's everything for the just in cases, and of course, trying to get the entire family in the van without any harsh words (unsuccessful thus far).Preparing the lesson for 4-6 year olds can be discouraging. I don't know how kindergarten teachers do it...so much information lost to an audience far more interested in who among them has a horse.
I had visions of grandeur, its true. I imagined heart-felt discussions, long quiet story times, and thought provoking scenarios that would change their lives forever. Snack is the highlight for these folks, no matter how much I jump through hoops to win their attention.
The photos above are the "a-team" of RCF. The faithful 8 who always show up and I feel connected to. There are 6 more stragglers that drop in from time to time and that's when I really lose control of the bunch.
Each of these kids represents a family I really respect and they know more about the Bible than most kids twice their age. Let's face it, I am learning far more than they are this year; and once again, my pride meets me at the door every Sunday morning.

1 Comments:
What a happy looking troop!
Post a Comment
<< Home