Calm Waters
A couple of nights ago, I found a third warm body in the bed. By found, I mean, woke up sandwiched between two masses that represented body temperatures at dangerously high levels. If there is anything worse that immobility in bed (for fear of waking the intruder), it is the blazing heat.
I took one for the team and tried to enjoy my blond, thumb sucking guest. I spooned her tiny frame and managed to get one foot out into to cool air. This movement woke her and I immediately regretted trying to free an extremely.
"I had a bad dream, Mom," knowing that I would want an explanation for why she was out of the her own bed.
"I am glad it is over now, I love you;" reminding myself that there will be a day when I long for my little girl to seek me for comfort. We both drifted off, holding and stroking each other. It was one of those Zen moments for me and Lil'. I loved knowing I could chase her bad dreams away.
Later that morning, I asked her what her dream was about ( I feel certain you aren't supposed to end a sentence with a preposition, but I am just too lazy figure out the right way).
"I don't remember." she answered. "I imagined that your mirror was the open sea and all my bad dreams went away."
Hmm, so much for the power of her mother's warm embrace.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home