Oh Happy Day!
My heart is racing, the hair on the back of my neck is standing up, I have a perma-smile.
Why?
Not because I am going to a five hour scrapbooking session tonight (again, no apologies) . Not because it was 75 degrees yesterday. Not because my husband is with my kids screaming at their first soccer game (coached by their uncle) even as we speak.
No, this is big. Realbig.
Today I hired my first personal assistant. Just saying it sent an electric shock through my body. Do you KNOW how many days I leave work with piles of unfinished contracts, phone calls unanswered and e-mails collecting dust?
Those days are over, my friends. Sure, it means I need to do about 7 more weddings a year, but it is oh-so-worth it. No more guilt about work not being done because I am at the park, or swim lessons, or ballet, or being a wife, or running errands. Never has such a burden been lifted from my rounded shoulders.
Sigh, smile, sigh. That's all I have and I am off to crop!

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home