Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Happy Birthday T



I love to buy gifts for T because she never treats herself to much. Sure, she might indulge in the latest and greatest gluten-free item at Greenlife; or purchase a hot pair of $3.00 jeans from the Walmart clearance rack...but never anything more.

I got her a little something that I knew she would enjoy, but nothing too extravagant. Perhaps the only thing worse than treating herself would be someone else spending more than she thought appropriate. It's a delicate balance I know well. If I do too much, I run the risk of her losing sleep in order to figure out a way to pay me back...To little, and I fear I haven't shown my appreciation of her generosity.

So, today, I make the list of things I wish I could give her and hate that I can't:

1. Jack's Words
2. The second trash can she ordered months ago
3. Whole Foods Store on our block
4. Sleep, the minute her head hits the pillow
5. The hydrangea bush that someone stole from her front yard (from the earth)
6. Fountain Diet Beverage Machine in her house
7. Breaking news that artificial sweeteners extend life, give youthful skin and have been found to increase a busy mom's sex drive.
8. Calorie Free Sausage Dip
9. The ability to say "no, I am saving my world today, so I won't have time to do yours."
10. A ticket to the final taping of "Rock Star" and a week in the Rock Star house.

Here's hoping it really is the thought that counts.

Glad you were born, T.

2 Comments:

At 12:08 PM, Blogger Mike Stavlund said...

Yo, T! Happy Birthday!! You rock.

 
At 9:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wonderful and informative web site.I used information from that site its great.
» » »

 

Post a Comment

<< Home