Tuesday, December 20, 2005

Joy to the world






While Lily was practicing for her program on Sunday morning, she was comically singing, "Joy to the mommy, the Lord has come!" Although she thought this change of a classic was incredibly funny, I was stunned at how right she was." Mommy's don't have a prayer without the incarnation and resurrection.

This past Sunday morning was a bit of a coming of age for me. The tinsel halo, the fight to wear the ratty white dress, the fear that your Sunday school class would stand there like deer in headlights (when you know that they typically sing from the top of their lungs)....The genuine joy to see and hear your church family together, children that were recently babies all singing together to alert the congregation of the newborn King. This is the stuff that JOY is made of and I was feeling it way down deep.

Our church is solid, but known for being ruff, or rather; fraid (spell check doesn't know how to spell it either), around the edges and that's one of the things I love about it. Our Christmas pageant was in keeping with who we are and it makes me smile.

1 Comments:

At 7:24 AM, Blogger View From Above said...

Thanks for the "before-I-go-to-work, middle-of-the-week" smile. Lily is precious!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home