Dinner of Death
Last night, Billy and I dined with two of the most interesting couples I know. We were gatherered to discuss our deaths. The idea is to plan in such a way that the church can take over the details when you pass.
I respect these people more than most, so I was eager to glean some insight on the final days. As far as aging goes, they have 25-35 years on us, so they have been to their share of funerals.
I can't remember the last time I had so much fun! The stories and belly laughs were free-flowing. It is difficult for me to understand why people have such a hard time talking about dying... as if you can avoid it by never uttering the word.
Billy and I left with all sorts of wonderful information, and have lots of homework to do. We love to dot "i's" and cross "t's," so this should be a great project.
Consider yourself warned that there will be a great deal of death talk for the next month.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home