Not so anonymous over-eater
I have never been accused of having a small appetite. If I didn't clean my plate, I got a spanking.(which rarely happened). As a child, I thought of food like money; something we didn't have much of. I had a used chewing gum collection behind the tv as a child. I stole snack foods from families that I babysat for and hid it in my room. I had recurring dreams about the contents of my friend's Easter baskets, wondering why such a cuddly character would pass me up.
Now, my life is food. My husband is the best cook (he would disagree) I know. Food is our work and now it really is currency. We feed people to keep food on our table. One bad party and things go south. I taste everything. Twice.
In case of quarantine, come to my house. I have food for 3 months stockpiled. I love to grocery shop because I feel free to spend.
Food love/abuse has left me living for elastic waist bands.
This won't be another fat girl's blog that carries on about eating; but yikes. My fat day suit is cutting off my circulation.
I only mention it because I think about food more than anything else in the day and it wouldn't be an honest blog if I didn't. I don't want to bring your attention or your pity to my expanding waistline...because it has all of mine these days.
This one's for the archives. So Lily will know who went before her and just how it went down.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home