God speed, little man

One of our nightly rituals is to "check" on the little people before we go to bed. In the early days it was to make sure they were breathing. Now it is more of an indulgence. Something to comfort us from the chaos of the day. We swap stories over them while they dream of Peter Pan and Chocolate Milk. I love to here Billy recollect the precious moments of the day and I don't think he minds me carrying on.
Funny how we can't wait for them to go to bed; but count the minutes until they wake up. Like a drug, the little people are.
As much as you hope for quiet, when the quiet comes you long for the clammer of the little people.
Last night; Billy was headed for the bathroom to brush his teeth. He was stopped short by one fabulous big wheel between him and the sink. I thought for sure he would mumble under his breath how the "bathroom is not a place for play," but instead he proudly relocated the toy to a better location.
It was as if we were of one mind, because, I too had moved the big wheel out of my "way" several times that day.
"As much as I hate having colorful plastic toys cramp my style, I will never miss this," he mumbled with a mouthful of frothy toothpaste.
We both know there will be a day when we wish someone on a bike would come by the bathroom for a pitstop.
Sleep tight, Finny Pie.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home