Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Abigail.


undefined

On the 49th block of Florida Avenue, the "bigs" have some clout. They get to play outside without supervision...Cross the street without holding hands...Watch Harry Potter movies..Own and care for American Girl Dolls..Stay up late to watch shows with "grown-up" story lines...Even be responsible for the younger batch of kids from time to time.

As parents on this blessed block...we are stunned by the good thing we have going. Our children frolic in harmony (usually) on a daily basis. Their playground is a sloped patch of grass, a good sized driveway and a glorious trampoline. You rarely hear, "I'm bored;" and rarer still to find one of them opt for tv over the "field."

Abigail is the youngest of the bigs. Two above her and two below...she is the middle with a capitol "m." Before all of the stereotypes of middle children come to the forefront of your mind; let me tell you she may just be the exception to the rule. Maybe it's her spunk, her charmed expression, the gorgeous hair...I dunno, but I've got my sights on this one. Sure she has incredible parents and terrific siblings; but something in her mesmerizes me and I can't wait to hear the next thing out of her mouth. She has this tuff girl, snap and shake her head act that almost convinces me she was stollen from another family.

I am a sucker for an uderdog with hutzpah.

1 Comments:

At 9:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Babs! How absolutely gorgeous can one child be? Love that girl. Have loved her since she was about 6 months old. Those eyes will kill someone before it's over...

T-Shon

 

Post a Comment

<< Home